Lead Principal Engineer - Star Wars
- Austin, TX
Position at Zynga
We are looking for a Lead Principal Engineer to join us at Zynga Austin in creating Star Wars: Hunters™, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars character s.
About this Position
We are looking for a proven technical leader, able to flex between daily development, setting technical vision and strategy, and supporting the growth of a world-class team. The ideal candidate brings a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a dedication to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality, and the desire to have their work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide
As an engineering leader, it's also crucial that our Principal Engineer not only shares but exemplifies our values of determination, trust, excellence, and celebrating the diversity of people and ideas.
This role will report into the Senior Engineering Manager in the Austin Studio. As a core member of the Austin engineering team, the Principal Engineer will have a significant impact on the studio's engineering culture, and play a key part in supporting the studio's engineering team.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design complex software solutions.
- Support an engineering team through the challenges of building a large scale software project consisting of a sophisticated game client, scalable backend services, development tools and live operations tools.
- Write well designed, efficient and testable code with one or more Object Oriented languages (C++, C#, Go, Python) and their associated frameworks.
- Lean on your prior expertise as a strong individual contributor in at least one technical domain, but be able to work with engineers in any domain, even if not an expert, and provide useful guidance and feedback.
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and act as an influencer and mentor for developers on the team.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
- Have fun; we're making games!
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU's (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know
Back to top