Lead Audio Designer
At NaturalMotion we believe in creating the highest quality mobile games and experiences that compromise on nothing. Our dedication to this approach has once again allowed us to deliver benchmark setting products such as Dawn of Titans and CSR2.
Following the huge release success of these products, we are now seeking a Lead Audio Designer, tasked with bringing our games to life by leading and creating awesome audio.
Working closely with the Game Audio Director, GM, Head of Audio and other stakeholders, you will be a true expert in the audio field, able to lead, manage, estimate, schedule, direct, review and create world class output for a game or project, with a team of internal and/or external staff.
- Provide expert ability, leadership and management of audio development – design, creation, integration, processes, use of middleware and technology.
- Work closely with the Game Audio Director, GM, Head of Audio and other stakeholders to develop and maintain the highest quality audio experience.
- Contribute to strategic planning and development of the audio discipline for the studio.
Experience and Skills:
- Expert knowledge of how audio supports world-class gameplay.
- Proven succesful management, supervision and mentoring of audio staff.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with external contractors and suppliers.
- Proven experience of game audio technical processes and hardware limitations.
- Expert use of multiple DAW’s (Such as Vegas, Sound Forge, Cubase, Pro Tools), game engines (such as FMOD and Wwise), middleware (such as Unity) and other audio-creation/integration related tools.
- Expert ability to carry out due diligence for projects against technical/creative scope and budget.
- Exceptional time management ability, able to prioritise and track work across a team, delivering on time to the highest level of quality
- Expert ability to communicate clearly and in a flexible style, to team, peers and management.
- Experience with audio in non-game formats (e.g. film/TV/radio/theatre) is valuable.
Want to really stand out? Know all about:
- Ability to direct and integrate music, voice over, cinematics and marketing materials.
- Ability to compose music.
- Legal understanding e.g. contracts, licensing, rights.
- Knowledge of project management frameworks such as scrum/agile.
- Excellent portfolio, demonstrating world class audio design in multiple genres and styles (with details of involvement)
- Game development background, having ideally shipped multiple titles as a Lead or Senior.
- Qualified to a degree+ level in an audio-related subject, or with equivalent experience.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top