Intern/Co-op Software Engineer - Current Students (Summer 2019)
Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S., Canada, U.K and India. This position is for our Toronto studio. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
We don't just develop some of the world's largest games, we deliver some of the world's largest infrastructures. We blaze trails in all facets of game design, mobile technologies, and massive scalability. Zynga faces a number of challenges unique to our situation: the large data requirements of online gaming require us to continually push boundaries to discover the best solutions. The Zynga team is willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge. And if a conventional solution doesn't exist, we innovate as necessary.
We're looking for Co-op developers to bring mobile games to the forefront of the industry.
- Build new games and features seen by millions of players on Android and iOS
- Work on various app components from gameplay to UI to networking
- Brainstorm new ideas for games and features with the team
- Work with an agile team of other developers, artists and product managers in a startup environment
- Participate in studio hackathons to build cool new game ideas and awesome features
- Learn the latest technologies and best practices with your own mentor
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Enrolled in computer science, engineering or related technical discipline
- Java, Objective-C, or C/C++
- Android or iOS frameworks
- Foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design
- Version control such as Git
- Passion for games and latest mobile trends
- Ability to adapt to ever changing requirements and latest technologies
- Ability to work well within a small, dynamic and fast-paced team
- Thrive in an agile development cycle
Back to top