Intern/Co-op Software Engineer - Current Students (Summer 2018)
About Zynga: Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S., Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Application Requirements: This internship/co-op is for currently enrolled students only. This position is available at various US locations.
By applying for our Software Engineer intern/co-op position, you will be considered for all software engineering internship opportunities across Zynga's many engineering teams. Here are some of the areas we’re currently considering candidates for:
Zynga Games: Web & Mobile Game Development
- Performance: Games are only as good as the way they perform so we dedicate a pod of engineers to focus solely on supporting the game across multiple areas. This could be optimizing the loading funnel, building tools to speed art creation, building a particle VFX system or refactoring the build system to support pushing code to 10,000 servers in 10 seconds. Your work won’t be confined to any one place; the problems will vary and will continuously challenge you. You won’t be alone either; you will learn and share best practices across all our other games on a regular basis.
Zynga Infrastructure: Platform and Systems
- Systems Engineering: Systems engineers build simple, survivable, high-availability network systems, as well as SQL and NoSQL databases. The work that systems engineers do at Zynga also contributes to the open source community and delivers complete infrastructure at Zynga scale.
We are looking for:
- Students currently enrolled and pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong object-oriented skills preferred
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Exposure to game design and development experience (academic, employment, or personal)
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion or CVS is a plus!
- Facebook, Google+, iOS, or Android development experience is a plus!
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to assist other team members in problem-solving
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal oversight
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
- If you have a link that exhibits your work, be sure to include that in your application.
Perks at Zynga:
- We want to provide you with work that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a full-time employee. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Zynga!
- Yes, our internships are paid competitively!
- Delicious food! Yes, our interns partake in our delicious (and free!) gourmet meals every day – breakfast and lunch is provided Monday through Friday! And delicious snacks all day every day!
- We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top