Intern/Co-op Motion Graphic Animator - Current Students (Spring 2017)
About Zynga: Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S , Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Application Requirements: This internship is for currently enrolled students only. Please include a link to your online portfolio within your resume. Any applications without portfolios not be considered.
Zynga is looking for a Motion Graphic Animator Intern responsible for prototyping and creating Effects for real-time use in games.
The Motion Graphic Animator Intern should have a strong desire to be close to the gaming process. They function as an integral part of the department, designing or optimizing processes and tools to best fit production needs. They should look at production systems holistically and have the ability to visualize the larger pipeline, understanding the impact of their actions and how to optimize processes and tools.
• Work closely with concept artists, game designers, scripters, and Art Directors to create and place realistic motion graphics/VFX for games
• Model, texture, animate, and light VFX assets to Design & Art Directors’ specifications.
• Work closely with engineers and leads to troubleshoot art pipelines as needed
• Meticulous, organized approach to creating technically efficient and visually compelling VFX assets
•Use visual editing tools to create, place, and trigger effects
•Conceptualize and animate realistic particle effects such as fire, explosions, smoke, moving water, sparks, dust, clouds, exhaust, weather, etc.
• Experience in video games production, visual effects, animation production as a VFX artist
•Demonstrable technical skills working with VFX pipelines for real-time 3D game engines
•Understanding of color, shading, and lighting techniques
•Understanding of environmental effects simulation techniques and Houdini a plus
•Ability to write and apply shaders a plus
•Software development experience on production systems a plus
• Solid understanding of AfterEffects, Maya, Photoshop. Nice to have: Play Canvas, UIKit, HTML 5,Unity
The Perks of Being an Intern at Zynga:
- We want to provide you with work that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a full-time employee. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Zynga!
- Yes, our internships are paid!
- Delicious food! Yes, our interns partake in our delicious (and free!) gourmet meals every day – all lunches and dinners are provided Monday through Friday! And delicious snacks all day every day!
- We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top