Intern/Co-op Experience Designer - Current Students (Summer 2017)
About Zynga: Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S , Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Application Requirements: This internship is for currently enrolled students only. Please include a link to your online portfolio within your resume. Any applications without portfolios not be considered.
- Work closely with Producers and PM’s to create simple creative solutions to complicated design needs
- Mock up and prototype features according to spec
- Provide variety of solutions to design needs
- Work closely with engineers to implement features UI and UX flows
- Deliver exciting, effective, memorable, polished UI/UX
- Implement motion and interaction design
- Clearly communicate experienced design rationale; have impeccable judgment
- Rapidly iterate and test a variety of ideas using wireframes, sketches and fully designed comps when needed
- Partner with engineers to collaborate and iterate in fast-paced design-to-build cycles and ensure your designs are implemented to specification
- Stay ahead of the curve in technological advances and UI practices
- Make a point to understand how Zynga’s audience interacts with its games/services, and make use of this knowledge in the development of the best possible user experiences
- Ability to rapidly switch pace depending on projects needs
- UI/UX experience
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Expert user in Photoshop and Flash (Illustrator not required, but is a plus)
- Understanding of web and interactive design fundamentals
- Ability to create art assets matching existing art styles
- Ability to provide creative yet simple solution to complicated design
- Portfolio must illustrate strong UI skills, and graphic design skills
- Strong wireframe and prototyping skills
- Experience in Social Gaming a big plus
Perks at Zynga:
- We want to provide you with work that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a full-time employee. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Zynga!
- Yes, our internships are paid!
- Delicious food! Yes, our interns partake in our delicious (and free!) gourmet meals every day – all lunches and dinners are provided Monday through Friday! And delicious snacks all day every day!
- We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Jenny works at the intersection of business strategy and user-driven design, collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and artists to create and ship games that players love.
Back to top