Intern/Co-op Data Science - Current Students (Summer 2017)
Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S , Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Application Requirements: This internship/co-op is for currently enrolled students only. Please apply with most recent resume.
About our Data Science internship:
Our data science intern will work with large amounts of data to identify opportunities that would help improve the experience that Zynga provides to its players. This intern will apply Machine Learning and Data Mining techniques for a variety of user modeling tasks within Zynga’s Game Network. This intern will work closely with game teams to design, test, verify and implement Machine Learning techniques with Zynga’s games that impact the daily life of millions of users. This intern will also design and evaluate novel approaches for gameplay experiments.
- Working towards a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or Statistics
- Experience in solving real-world practical problems using Machine Learning
- Experience in mining and modeling large-scale data
- In-depth knowledge of Data Mining, Machine Learning, and Algorithms
- Knowledge of at least one high-level programming language (C++, Java)
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with large relational databases
- Knowledge of at least one ML toolset (R, Weka, KNIME, Octave, MLLib, scikit-learn, MATLAB)
- Strong ability to formalize and provide practical solutions to research problems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently to get an idea from inception to implementation.
- Knowledge of the state of the art in at least one of Bayesian Optimization, Recommendation (desired)
- Systems, Social Network Analysis, Information Retrieval, Graph Theory
- Experience with storing, sampling, querying large-scale data and experimentation frameworks
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Mahout or Giraph
Perks at Zynga:
- We want to provide you with work that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a full-time employee. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Zynga!
- Yes, our internships are paid!
- Delicious food! Yes, our interns partake in our delicious (and free!) gourmet meals every day – all lunches and dinners are provided Monday through Friday! And delicious snacks all day every day!
- We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top