Intern/Co-op 3D Modeler - Current Students (Summer 2017)
About Zynga: Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games. Headquartered in San Francisco, our mission is to connect the world through games, and since 2007, more than one billion people have played one of our beloved franchises like FarmVille, Zynga Poker and Words With Friends. In 2014, we acquired NaturalMotion, an Oxford-based mobile game and technology developer and the creator of hits like CSR Racing and Clumsy Ninja. Zynga is named after founder Mark Pincus’ late bulldog Zinga, and the legacy of her playful and loyal nature continues to inspire our company culture. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $20 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Application Requirements: This internship/co-op is for currently enrolled students only. Please include a link to your online portfolio within your resume. Any applications without portfolios not be considered.
- Low-poly modeling and hand-painting textures for 3D game environment and characters.
- Maintain consistent aesthetic, stylistic and technical quality within department’s deliverables.
- Communicate and collaborate with other team disciplines toward common milestones.
- Closely follow art and design concepts and respond well to change.
- Integrate environment art assets into the game.
- Support the Art Team in maintaining overall vision for the game.
- Educational experience in 3D game production.
- Demo Reel demonstrating strong aesthetics and proficiency in low-poly modeling and UV techniques.
- Strong knowledge of anatomy a plus
- Track record of collaborative successes.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong technical understanding with ability to troubleshoot effectively with others.
- Superior 3D art skills.
- Strong illustration/painting background with a solid understanding of light and shadow.
- Expertise in Maya, Photoshop, or equivalent technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Knowledge of Unity a plus!
Perks at Zynga:
- We want to provide you with work that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a full-time employee. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Zynga!
- Yes, our internships are paid!
- Delicious food! Yes, our interns partake in our delicious (and free!) gourmet meals every day – all lunches and dinners are provided Monday through Friday! And delicious snacks all day every day!
- We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Jenny works at the intersection of business strategy and user-driven design, collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and artists to create and ship games that players love.
Back to top