Intern/Co-op 3D Animator- Current Students (Summer 2017)
About Zynga: Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S , Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Application Requirements: This internship is for currently enrolled students only. Please include a link to your online portfolio within your resume. Any applications without portfolios not be considered.
The 3D Animation Intern will be working with the Art Director and Producer, creating art assets that drive the visual identity and user interface of the game. This intern will also create final in-game artwork and placeholder artwork as needed by engineering. This position will also work with web and marketing teams to create game-related artwork. This intern will spend most of their time animating 3D objects but is flexible enough to handle 2D art, flash animation, icons, advertising, web ready art, et cetera.
- Quick sketching and storyboarding experience
- Ability to communicate visually, and to identify and define visual design issues and solutions
- Excellent design skills, including the effective use of color, form, lighting and composition
- Experience in games development
- A passion for games, virtual worlds, and social networking
- Clear understanding of 3D lighting, and its effect on texture, bump, displacement mapping results
- Knowledge of UV-mapping techniques
- 3D animation samples desirable but not required
- Photoshop skills (CS3-4) compositing, texture painting, tiling, retouch, filtering, scripting
- Experience in Flash including creating optimized movies, buttons, and animation
- Experience with Maya 8.5+
The Perks of Being an Intern at Zynga:
- We want to provide you with work that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a full-time employee. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Zynga!
- Yes, our internships are paid!
- Delicious food! Yes, our interns partake in our delicious (and free!) gourmet meals every day – all lunches and dinners are provided Monday through Friday! And delicious snacks all day every day!
- We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top