Intern/Co-op 2D Concept Artist - Current Students (Spring 2017)
About Zynga: Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games that are played by millions of people around the world each day. We are headquartered in San Francisco and have additional offices in the U.S , Canada, U.K and India. Since our founding in 2007, our mission has been to connect the world through games and delight consumers with social gaming experiences. To-date, more than one billion people have played our games across Web and mobile, including FarmVille, Zynga Poker, Words With Friends, Hit it Rich! Slots and CSR.
Application Requirements: This internship/co-op is for currently enrolled students only. Please include a link to your online portfolio within your resume. Any applications without portfolios not be considered.
- Develop 2D visual assets using Photoshop, Illustrator and comparable tools
- Create 2D animations for key gameplay events and game interface screens
- Provide illustrations, sketches and concepts to express key gameplay events
- Communicate effectively and proactively with other team members
- Demonstrate a positive, adaptive attitude and effective time management skills
- Participate in art reviews and respond to critical feedback in a professional manner
- Outstanding skills in Photoshop, Painter or comparable 2D software packages
- Be able to follow and adapt to stylistic guidelines set by the Lead Artist
- Excellent design skills, including the effective use of shape, color, form, lighting and composition
- Quick ideation and sketching ability
- Ability to communicate visually, and to identify and define visual design issues and solutions
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and Agile development environment
- Strong passion for gaming (particularly mobile games!)
- 3D model texturing experience a plus
- Experience in Flash desired but not required
- Online portfolio consisting of current personal and recent professional work
Desired Abilities (Nice to have, but not required):
- Additional 2D skills such as storyboarding and user interface design
- Visual effects and/or particle effects skills are a plus
Perks at Zynga:
- We want to provide you with work that is virtually indistinguishable from that of a full-time employee. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at Zynga!
- Yes, our internships are paid!
- Delicious food! Yes, our interns partake in our delicious (and free!) gourmet meals every day – all lunches and dinners are provided Monday through Friday! And delicious snacks all day every day!
- We also provide free gym memberships at certain locations.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top