Global QA Analyst (Best Practice)
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As QA Analyst, you’ll already have confidence in your core skills whilst being aware of what you don’t know yet. A strong sense of personal belief is important, supported by work samples, references, and lessons learned on the way.
The QA Analyst works within the central best practise group and has embedded QA experience that includes full ownership of quality across designated game areas or QA processes. The QA Analyst will assist the best practise group in managing high priority projects that seek to level up their QA staff and strategy. The QA Analyst works closely with embedded QA teams by offering choice, discussion and advice on a situational basis. The role does involve hands on testing.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will be delegated areas of QA that require independent analysis to formulate a proposed best practise e.g. how should we tackle network QA for mobile titles
- Reviews end-to-end, multi-user and exploratory testing within projects, whilst carrying out their own test cycles to fully understand the needs of each project.
- Will assist in trialling experiments and initiatives that come out of global QA meetings.
- Maintain and update test strategies, regression plans, cross-feature plans, etc. that pertain to global best practises.
- Understand system dependencies and how they relate to test approach. Propose to teams the ability to pair test features. If required get into the source code.
- Assists in the tracking of quality metrics to ensure that the best practise group is advocating the correct approach. Compare before and after. Speaks up if they think a change is needed.
- Is able to take complex problems that involve dependencies outside of QA and break them down into actions that can over time, deliver improvements. Understands that not everything can be solved quickly, iteration is important.
- Ensures a positive, professional and collaborative team environment is maintained between game teams and best practise.
- Works with outsource QA teams to achieve best possible results, includes creating documentation, mentoring where appropriate and fielding questions.
- Assist with efforts to automate test runs and pinpoint areas of the game that could be open to automation. Is able to propose additional debug functionality.
- Highlight mistakes that have been made in the past in a constructive way and work with teams to understand the why and works to improve for the future. Where necessary shares improvements with other teams.
- Investigate prospective tools and evaluate for use across projects. Offer training to embedded teams for any tool that the best practise group sign off.
- First class test cases that consider structure, depth, organisation, upkeep and reporting.
Must be able to communicate strongly with disciplines beyond QA. Is able to speak for QA best practise with production, engineering, design and partner teams.
- Good understanding of client/server testing and importance of metadata.
- Familiar with source control such as GIT, perforce or SVN.
- Has worked as an advisor or consultant.
- Ability to work closely with embedded QA and production teams as an outsider.
- Adept at costing, time estimation, risk analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Good understanding of JIRA. Must have the ability to create dashboards, filters, and use JQL for searching.
- Experience working with best practise groups or central QA structures.
- Understanding of the SDLC and Change Management.
- Ability to carry out test case reviews and provide feedback to peers.
- Has an understanding of the mobile market and the challenges that hardware introduce.
- Skilful creation of documentation including guides, flows, charts and voice overs.
- Has created QA reports independently or as part of a team. Considers audience, frequency, design, delivery method etc.
- Genuinely enthusiastic about mobile and QA practises.
WHAT DO WE GIVE YOU?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days holiday
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top