Game Design Intern
NaturalMotion is an industry leading mobile games and technology developer and one of the fastest-growing mobile publishers on IOS and Android. We are committed to creating ultra-high-quality games and products using our proprietary animation technology.
Our phenomenally successful games, CSR Racing and Clumsy Ninja¸ incorporate cutting-edge art, technology and design and are played worldwide, across multiple platforms, by millions of people. Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption incorporate our ground-breaking Morpheme and Euphoria simulation technology, creating the most believable characters you have ever seen. Join us on the NaturalMotion Internship Programme and be a part of a team that is redefining the industry.
NaturalMotion’s philosophy is to bring creativity and original design when making a triple A standard mobile game. To achieve this, we are asking our game designer to be able to demonstrate:
- Good creative ability and idea generation
- Work with minimal supervision to own deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The internship is structured so that:
- In the first week you will learn how our games works and what process we are using to develop features.
- By the end of the first month you will have had exposure to the variety of work tackled by a Game design team and how to communicate design and feature across the production process.
- By the end of the internship you will have developed a specialisation in your unique project area and will present your discoveries to senior members of the company.
From the internship you will have gained:
- Significant experience in working in Game design for mobile industry, including the terminology and techniques that exist for mobile market.
- Expertise in your own domain within a highly employable field.
- An insider perspective into the games industry and an understanding of how the business model works, especially for free-to-play mobile games.
- Experience in project management and communication to all project stakeholders.
- You are in the penultimate year of your university degree or about to embark on a postgraduate degree.
- You have a full understanding of the Microsoft offices softs
- You have basic understanding of the free to play universe and more over in mobile games.
- You have a natural curiosity for the pattern behind things and an interest in mobile games.
- You are able to show a clear, methodical approach to problem solving
What you need to include in your application:
- A cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be a good fit for the role.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top