Game Design Intern
NaturalMotion is an industry leading mobile games and technology developer and one of the fastest-growing mobile publishers on IOS and Android. We are committed to creating ultra-high-quality games and products using our proprietary animation technology.
Our phenomenally successful games, CSR Racing and Clumsy Ninja¸ incorporate cutting-edge art, technology and design and are played worldwide, across multiple platforms, by millions of people. Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption incorporate our ground-breaking Morpheme and Euphoria simulation technology, creating the most believable characters you have ever seen. Join us on the NaturalMotion Internship Programme and be a part of a team that is redefining the industry.
NaturalMotion’s philosophy is to bring creativity and original design when making a triple A standard mobile game. To achieve this, we are asking our game designer to be able to demonstrate:
- Good creative ability and idea generation
- Work with minimal supervision to own deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The internship is structured so that:
- In the first week you will learn how our games works and what process we are using to develop features.
- By the end of the first month you will have had exposure to the variety of work tackled by a Game design team and how to communicate design and feature across the production process.
- By the end of the internship you will have developed a specialisation in your unique project area and will present your discoveries to senior members of the company.
From the internship you will have gained:
- Significant experience in working in Game design for mobile industry, including the terminology and techniques that exist for mobile market.
- Expertise in your own domain within a highly employable field.
- An insider perspective into the games industry and an understanding of how the business model works, especially for free-to-play mobile games.
- Experience in project management and communication to all project stakeholders.
- You are in the penultimate year of your university degree or about to embark on a postgraduate degree.
- You have a full understanding of the Microsoft offices softs
- You have basic understanding of the free to play universe and more over in mobile games.
- You have a natural curiosity for the pattern behind things and an interest in mobile games.
- You are able to show a clear, methodical approach to problem solving
What you need to include in your application:
- A cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be a good fit for the role.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Jenny works at the intersection of business strategy and user-driven design, collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and artists to create and ship games that players love.
Back to top