Game Data Analyst - CSR2
To ensure that we offer the best possible player experience to keep people coming back to our games we are constantly analyzing the metrics data generated by our players. We need a talented Data Analyst to explore and analyze our data to deliver actionable insights that will improve our titles for millions of people.
As a member of the Analytics team at Natural Motion you will have access to incredibly rich datasets and be tasked with discovering the key insights to improve our games. You will be responsible for the construction and maintenance of reports and dashboards alongside quantitative analytics. Your role will also help define telemetry with game teams for optimal data collection and will include working with engineers and scientists to develop aggregated endpoints full of concise, relevant data. You will use these endpoints in the development of our tool capabilities that can be accessed by our game teams to dissect this data and derive actionable insights.
Working within an experienced and passionate analytics team we combine science and technology to develop titles played by millions of players and pride ourselves on partnering with games teams and wider business teams to cohesively deliver data driven decisions and actions.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Learn and develop a commercial awareness alongside a user focused awareness of our games.
- Learn and develop deep knowledge of our data, data infrastructure and tools.
- Understand upcoming features, ensure telemetry supports data collection and analytics needs.
- Deliver and maintain reports and dashboards supporting analytics self-serve across teams.
- Monitor KPIs and forensically analyze for operational agility with games team.
- Perform quantitative analysis to prove/disprove hypothesis and support key game decisions.
- Perform quantitative analysis on features and present findings on how to optimize.
- Devise and enable experiments to support game teams in optimizing titles and features.
- Support wider analytics team in constructing high-bandwidth data pipelines that efficiently export raw data from a variety of sources and transform it into a format that makes it easy to extract meaningful information.
- Establish yourself as an invaluable member of the analytics and game teams. Your work will directly impact revenue and further improve a live title.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Analysis is a strength and you are able to use that to deliver actionable insights.
- You have a good balance between commercial, technical and analytical skills.
- You will have experience in programming, intermediate or higher SQL plus Python capabilities highly desirable, you will be open to learning new languages where needed.
- You know how to devise tests and provide relevant results to prove/disprove a hypothesis.
- You have an interest in the rapid manipulation and transformation of large datasets involving daily use of Big Data systems using Vertica.
- Exposure to other big data tools such as Spark, Hadoop, Redshift, Teradata will be useful to demonstrate large data set experience
- You have a keen interest in visualization and skills in key tools, Tableau highly desirable.
- Communication is key, you know how to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply.
- You have a strong attention to detail, natural curiosity and can problem solve creatively.
- You have strong organizational skills, a proven self-starter able to take assigned pieces through to completion with guidance where needed.
- You are able to work as a cohesive partner across teams at various levels.
- You can present work to a wider cross-discipline audience in an easy to understand manner.
- You can take a proactive approach whilst working reactively in fast paced environment.
- You are passionate about analytics and the value it can deliver in our data culture.
- You will be passionate about mobile games development. and you want to play a key role in the development of titles that entertain millions of people across the world.
What do we give you?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym membership at Studio local gyms
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days holiday
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday
- £150 towards a team budget (you get to choose how you want to spend it)
- A discretionary annual bonus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top