Financial Data Analyst
Zynga has one of the richest and most complex datasets in the tech industry, and we’re seeking a Data Analyst to support our Finance team by utilizing game play data for financial reporting. The successful candidate will enjoy combining advanced SQL querying skills with business acumen to provide data investigation, process improvement and intellectual rigor to high visibility metrics and audited analyses.
The Financial Data Analyst works closely with Finance leaders as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. The candidate should enjoy both working with people and undertaking rigorous data investigations.
- Support reporting requirements and data integrity monitoring for Revenue Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis teams
- Coordinate with game studio analysts to understand game-specific data issues and modify analyses accordingly
- Assist in large scale data governance initiatives, contributing directly to Zynga’s data culture
- 3-4 years’ experience performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an internet or technology company
- Excellent SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- High proficiency with Excel including pivoting capabilities and analysis modules – VBA macros and ODBC sourcing a plus
- Passion for data. Are you excited by an elegant SQL query, or an efficiently designed Excel spreadsheet?
- Good client management skills with a strong grasp of both technical and business perspectives
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to execute research projects, and generate practical results and recommendations
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings
- B.S. or B.A. in Math, Statistics, Comp Sci, Engineering, or other technical field required; advanced degrees a plus
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top