Engineering Manager - Analytics, User Acquisition
The Engineering Manager will lead efforts to build a world-class user acquisition platform, managing ad spend data, ad campaign management, and performance reporting. This will be done within Zynga’s Central Analytics organization, which is known as one of the larger scale analytic systems, capturing billions of daily events, supporting thousands of experiments and hundreds of thousands of daily queries. As the leader of the team you will be responsible for managing this team, developing a vision and technical approach for implementing the user acquisition platform. The successful candidate will also play a key part in setting and influencing roadmaps for the Central Analytics organization.
- Partner with other parts of the organization to ensure smooth team operation with other key stake-holding teams
- Partner with external vendors to provide key components of the platform, as is necessary.
- Manage engineers in the group.
- Communicate project status to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance to staff
- Manage projects to be on time and under budget
- Communicate with business leadership and present recommendations
- Work with business leaders to deliver meaningful insights to key questions
- Aid in global rollout of UA tools/platforms
- Degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, Decision Sciences, or a related business degree and equivalent experience.
- 5+ years related work experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence and/or Data Warehousing.
- 3+ years of experience in Marketing or User Acquisition field.
- 3+ years of experience in team management, including hiring, building key projects and career management.
- 2+ years of technical experience in analytic engineering.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Proven experience with large-scale data analysis, data-mining, business intelligence systems, and other advanced business reporting tools, including SQL or similar tools
- Strong analytical skills
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top