Director of Quality Assurance
Director of Quality Assurance
The Director of Quality Assurance will align and drive Quality technology vision/strategy with Quality business vision/strategy. Ultimately responsible for reinforcing a QA identity within the business and as a discipline.
Reports to: VP Operations
- Represent QA at weekly leadership meeting. Update the group on successes, initiatives, pain points.
- Point person between NM QA and wider Zynga org.
- Plan, organize and lead QA summits to open up discussions within the discipline.
- Identify the training requirements of QA and what routes can be taken, implement accordingly.
- Manage career progression within the discipline and implement a path that keeps people motivated and engaged.
- Provide discipline focused line management to QA project leads - coach, feedback, listen, suggest and support.
- Discipline and project management of central QA teams including compliance, S&R and support staff.
- Set the structure and agenda of weekly discipline meetings that all QA leads should follow.
- Encourage QA to self-support and manage own workload/processes, teams should share knowledge without my approval or presence.
- Responsible for ensuring the QA team completes its performance reviews, handles under performance, motivated high performers, provide stretch targets/ projects for the discipline.
- Responsible for all recruitment, internal progression and disciplinary action where appropriate.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across QA teams and encourage people to seek a way forward.
- Recognize individual team needs and implement best practises across the discipline in partnership with production and code.
- Develop a roadmap for QA that improves process and team cohesion, ensure an iterative approach is taken.
- Identify internal QA metrics that have common value across the discipline that can steer progress.
- To oversee reporting standards and templates to ensure that as a discipline we report in a meaningful manner.
- Chair discussions on what tools, solutions or automation teams need to deliver results, and drive adoption across the discipline once agreed.
- To oversee outsourcing and our relationship with vendors.
- Keep updated on the latest testing techniques, strategies, testing tools/ frameworks.
- Implementing team review processes for tests cases, test documentation, bugs and tools we create.
- Admin management of QA JIRA projects including fields and workflow usage.
- Propose how development submit work to QA. Agree entry criteria between dev and QA. Define the process QA follows when something should not be tested.
- Policies for how to handle disputes with development.
- Accountable for bug reporting standards (content, layout, style, format).
- Admin management of QA confluence spaces and how we structure knowledge sharing across the team.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top