Director of Product - Star Wars
- London, United Kingdom
Position at NaturalMotion
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion's Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team supporting development on an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
Hiring Update: The safety of our candidates and team members is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, our workforce transitioned to working from home, with all interviewing and onboarding being conducted virtually until further notice.
We are looking for an exceptional Director of Product to join the team and help craft Zynga's next blockbuster games. You will use a combination of excellent analytical abilities, business discernment, and critical thinking to innovate and build extraordinary experiences that will impact our players' lives. You will have a consistent record of owning and delivering experiences to players that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective whilst thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- As part of the ASG leadership team, define and drive the game's business strategy to build a robust product roadmap for development and post-launch live operations
- Lead and manage a team of high caliber Product Managers, supporting their career development, and maximizing their impact through coaching and process improvements
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Design, Art, Programming & Analytics) to design, scope and implement core features that result in an outstanding gameplay experience for our players and positively inflect metrics
- Drive user and competitive research, driving the usage of core innovative game technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis and an understanding of the market
- Effectively champion product vision & strategy, monitor product progression through completion of milestones and partner with other parts of the organization including Central Analytics, Consumer Insights and Product Marketing
- Build knowledge and understanding of data driven insights within the rest of the team through regular communication and the creation of meaningful dashboards and reports
- Expected to provide valuable input into business cases based on in depth analysis and demonstrate how that analysis impacts business metrics
- Be a player champion!
- Product Management experience in free-to-play game development with a proven track record in managing live operations, balancing in-game economies and leading PM teams
- Previous experience with new game development from concept stage through to worldwide launch
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff
- Experienced at articulating product vision, driving team-wide and studio-wide alignment and evangelising the vision to key stakeholders
- Experience with Mid-Core games
- Strong passion for games, creating fun, compelling and addictive user experiences
- Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends
- STEM graduates, MBA preferred
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme, Zynga stock allocation and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care, dental and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance, critical illness insurance and income protection
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly (virtual) fitness classes
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Summer and Christmas parties
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Back to top