Director of Product, Central Technology
Director of Product, Central Technology
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games - CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the first gaming companies innovating on emerging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Google Play Instant. We had a great start to 2018, outperforming guidance in the quarter across all key financial measures and delivering our highest mobile audience in over four years. Our Q1 revenue was $208.2 million, above our guidance by $8.2 million and up $13.9 million or 7% year-over-year. We ended 2017 with our strongest topline performance since Q1 2013. Revenue was $233.3 million, above our guidance by $18.3 million and up $42.7 million or 22% year-over-year.
Come join us, thrive, take risks and dream big to shape the future of fastest growing gaming platform – mobile.
The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and services, aka Social Engine, that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The services span across Game Engine, Identity, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Ad Tech, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology and Cloud. Our mission is ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
The Director of Product Management will be responsible for leading a team of product managers, including UI/UX, and driving a clear vision for Central Technologies products and services. This role will involve developing the strategies and product roadmap that result in deeply personalized player experiences within and across our network of games. To deliver on this strategy and roadmap, this individual and their team will partner closely with vertical product teams and horizontal functional teams within Central Tech, game teams and other central functions such as Marketing and the Central Data Organization.
You will be a perfect fit if
- You crave building the product strategy and seeing it come to life via personalized player experiences. You have a deep insight and point of view on similar products and services offered by 3rd parties such as Firebase, Unity, and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- You embrace partnering with the game teams and other stakeholders to understand their needs, monitor market and tech trends and synthesize them to develop Central Technology roadmap. You can negotiate, prioritize and balance creativity and pragmatism while developing the roadmap that’s aligned across stakeholders.
- You love playing with data. You establish meaningful metrics for your products, analyze them and utilize them to improve products.
- You take pride in evangelizing your products. You are humble when gaps are identified and are motivated to close them.
- You were a software engineer or have engineering background. You enjoy solving problems and partner with engineering leadership in finding creative solutions with educated trade-offs. If you can’t find a solution, you will dig deep and present alternatives.
- You are an empathetic leader. You understand, relate to and are sensitive to stakeholder teams, peers and direct reports. You get a kick in helping them.
- You can explain a complicated topic, e.g. AI, to a 5-year-old. You can communicate clearly and write well.
If you’ve read this far, bet you are excited. This job is yours if you have relevant experience, preferably with an MBA and consulting background.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top