Director of Engineering - CSR2
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to join the CSR Racing 2 team in our growing London studio.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As Director of Engineering, you will have a clear understanding of your leadership style and its impact on others, and be able to use a range of directive and non-directive leadership skills to get the best from your team. You will balance delivering results with caring for the needs of your team. You will motivate and guide others to excellence, acting as a role model for organisational, technical, and creative skills, whilst showing others ‘what good looks like’.
You will confidently and respectfully challenge the status quo in order to improve things. Assertive when needed, you ensure the requirements of your team and your business are met by stakeholders at all levels. Confident in your decision making, you nevertheless think carefully before you speak and act.
The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for leading creative engineering teams and an unwavering commitment to excellence. You share our values of trust, curiosity and determination, and you celebrate and respect diversity of people and ideas. You advocate for our players and ensure they have a world-class experience in our games, and you want your to be work seen by tens of millions of people worldwide.
- Build, lead, mentor and manage a team of 20+ engineers
- Collaborate with design, product, analytics, user experience, live operations, central and leadership teams to specify and build incredible game features and development tools
- Be an expert recruiter of top engineering talent
- Build and execute development plans, create and deploy best-in-class process, proactively identify and resolve issues, and innovate in software development
- Grow and mentor your team, earn their trust, advance their skills and their careers
- Advise studio leadership and actively drive forward the development culture at NaturalMotion
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains
- Extensive professional experience in leading software development for mobile, desktop, web and/or server applications
- Track record of building successful teams and delivering and operating sophisticated software products
- Demonstrated success at developing and leading people and growing their careers
- Ideally shipped multiple 'AAA' titles across platforms with a high meta critic
- A team player who is insatiably curious and strives for excellence
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Critical illness cover
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 25 days holiday
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- Free lunch on Friday
- A discretionary annual bonus
Back to top