Data Scientist / Senior Data Scientist, User Acquisition
Senior Data Scientist, User Acquisition
Zynga’s data science team uses our unique and expansive data to model and predict user behavior, making our games more personalized and more fun to play! We strive for a better understanding of our players which translates into challenges and features that delight them and increased social engagement within our games.
Here’s where you would come in: identify and formalize problems predicting user behavior. Then create and implement your models to find solutions. Be innovative, be creative, use every bit of that key commodity – data. Millions of people play Zynga games every day, so our data is tremendously rich and we have a lot of it!
We will rely on you to communicate your findings to your peers – both technical and non-technical. Your solutions will need to be demonstrably impactful and visual. You will work with our game teams to put your models into production.
About the role:
How do we measure the impact of running a TV show? How do we decide where to place ads and effectively manage advertising across our partners? How do we measure the impact of our advertising in a non-traditional way? How do we redefine the definition of the value of a player?
- Work with large amounts of data to identify opportunities that would help improve the experience that Zynga provides to its players
- Apply predictive modeling and Data Mining techniques for a variety of user modeling tasks within Zynga’s Game Network
- Work closely with game teams to design, test, verify and implement statistical models with Zynga’s games that impact the daily life of millions of users
- Design and evaluate novel approaches to experiments for gameplay
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; Masters or PhD strongly preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in data science or analytics roles
- Experience with some or all of the following: data mining, predictive modeling, statistics, experimental design, computational analytics, econometric modeling, data visualization
- Fluent in SQL
- Fluent in R and/or Python
- Experience working with large datasets, preferably in a Hadoop or Spark environment
- Ability to work independently to get an idea from inception to implementation, including knowledge of techniques for validation and testing
- Strong experience with programming
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to collaborate effectively with engineers, product managers, analysts, business, and marketing functions
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent client management skills
If you enjoy transitioning seamlessly between the big picture and hacking out a prototype to corroborate your ideas, then we want to hear from you. If you enjoy discussing your ideas with the team in a healthy debate, and enjoy contributing to others’ ideas, then we want to hear from you.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top