The Zynga Communications team is an established, hands-on group that has a passion for telling stories, driving strategic results, and doing great work every day. We are responsible for sharing the company’s narrative across consumer, shareholder, media and employee audiences and are looking for a dynamic communications professional to join our highly productive, spirited, tightknit team. We are committed to our craft and have collective experience across all communications disciplines that we parlay into our everyday internal and external activities at Zynga. The team is a diverse group having worked in communications roles across industries such as media, entertainment, technology, start-ups, enterprise, consumer products and clean tech. We are looking for a well-rounded professional that has a high bar for quality and wants to work on a range of high profile PR opportunities .This role that will allow the right candidate the creativity and freedom to participate in industry-leading communications strategy while forming meaningful partnerships with leaders across the team and the company.
The Communications Manager role is a strategic position and a rare opportunity to join a strong in-house team responsible for corporate reputation, thought leadership, media strategy, executive platforms, product PR and internal communications. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with a mix of in-house and agency experience and a proven ability to seamlessly lead multiple programs from concept to completion. We are looking for an individual who is nimble, a true team collaborator, proactive in their approach, values media relationships and aspires to have a long-term career in the field of Communications.
Responsibilities include driving positive consumer, technology, and business, gaming, mobile and broadcast media coverage for Zynga products, players and brand milestones. This person is also responsible for coordinating with marketing, product teams and studio executives to develop and execute communications strategies, messaging and press materials for game launches, announcements, as well as working on broader Zynga corporate initiatives, including assisting with ongoing internal communications programming and player communications. The Role also includes responsibility for day to day management of Zynga’s Games for Good programming which supports employee volunteerism and social impact.
- Serve as primary media contact and main information source for reporters, editors and influencers.
- Work closely with the internal teams to plan and execute strategic PR programs to support new game launches and live games.
- Lead the development of messaging, press materials, blog posts and internal communications around new game launches and company news.
- Secure and manage proactive media stories tied to Zynga’s broader corporate narrative and themes.
- Generate mainstream consumer and gaming industry press coverage around Zynga games and players.
- Support employee culture-building programs and efforts including broader Zynga employee enrichment activities including zSpeaker series and Company events
- Serve as one of the Communications team liaisons for partner teams
- Work with internal partners to source data for media opportunities
- Work with senior leaders to execute internal events and programs designed to engage employees throughout the company (e.g., Women at Zynga, Games for Good social impact)
- Manage news tracking and industry trend analysis and general topic research.
- Drive associated social impact internal communications, social media posts and media coverage support
- 4-6 years public relations experience, with strong background in consumer tech, mobile, social web and gaming media relations.
- Significant, hands on experience in media relations and content development.
- Fearlessness and initiative to drive proactive storytelling across consumer, gaming and business press.
- Strong presentation and writing skills, adhering to AP-style guidelines.
- Strategic thinker, problem-solver and self-starter who is able to drive projects individually and as part of a team.
- Project management experience, including driving development and execution of strategic communications plans around product launches.
- Success representing public relations on cross-functional teams developing strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans.
- Experience working with senior executives and product development talent.
- Flexibility, sense of humor and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in marketing, public relations/ communications, English or journalism (MA optional).
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Jenny works at the intersection of business strategy and user-driven design, collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and artists to create and ship games that players love.
Back to top