Co-Dev Architecture Lead Engineer (Client) - Star Wars
- London, United Kingdom
Position at NaturalMotion
At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
NaturalMotion's Action Strategy Group is a BAFTA-nominated team supporting development on an exciting new Star Wars™ game and running live operations on Dawn of Titans.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join us at NaturalMotion's Action Strategy Group (ASG) in creating Star Wars: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer, at the senior or principal level, to oversee the engineering efforts completed by our co-dev partners. This role will suit someone who excels at cooperatively architecting and reviewing work for multiple engineering teams. You will embrace the opportunity to proactively organise teams to solve complex engineering challenges and who will contribute ideas and solutions of their own. We have small and agile teams, so you will thrive working in these environments as we grow.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Overview the architecture of the code developed by our co-dev partners
- Directly assist our Technical Director to ensure the technical visions for our projects are followed
- Work with the other engineering leads to determine tasks and systems to be outsourced to co-dev engineers
- You will also be taking on engineering tasks of your own as required by the project
- Review code from our co-dev teams, looking for well-designed, adaptable, and testable code, suitable for long-term use
- You will mentor other members of our engineering team, growing the cooperative working relationship we have with our co-dev partners
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines, as well as our co-dev partners, you will find technical solutions and approaches catering to each project's particular needs
- You will help to improve the code team's knowledge and experience through sharing your experience
- You have developed and released multiple games in Unreal and C++
- You have worked extensively with co-dev engineering teams and/or remote teams
- Having taken titles from pre-production to release, you have experience of every step involved in getting a game shipped
- Experience architecting systems through the lifecycle of large game development
- You are comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project
- You have worked with other disciplines to architect and implement features and systems
- Familiar with design patterns, memory/performance optimisation, reviewing code, and knowledge sharing
- Shipped one or more mobile titles
- Familiar with the particular challenges of developing and running a live game
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance
- Discounted gym membership and free weekly yoga class
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit, snacks & soft drinks provided daily, as well as free lunch on Fridays
- Annual season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Summer and Christmas parties and Happy Hour every Friday
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Back to top