AY 2018 NEW GRAD Associate Game Designer
Zynga is looking for a New Grad Associate Game Designer to work on a popular Match 3 game. Qualified candidates will have experience on console and/or PC games and are fluent in game design practices and overall game development. This position will be located in our Toronto, Canada office.
To be eligible for this role you must be a recent college grad (2017 or 2018) with a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
What you will be working on:
- Craft, tune and implement Match 3 puzzles
- Create or adapt leading game features to work with an existing game
- Pitch new ideas to the team/ hold brainstorming sessions
- Tune and model complex systems using Excel
- Write copy, names, and narrative elements of a game
- Analyze real-time feedback and metrics, and adjust game designs accordingly
- Work with product managers, developers, and artists to oversee the implementation of new features and systems
- Ability to describe user experience stories and create wireframe screens and flows
What you should know:
- Knowledge of Match 3 or similar F2P mobile games
- Exposure to working in Unity
- experience using math and formulas in a game environment
- knowledge of game balancing and pacing
- Adept with Excel/spreadsheets
- Passionate gamer
- include a link to your portfolio and/or sites where you have examples of your work (GitHub, apps, personal sites, )
About Zynga Inc.
Zynga is a leading developer of the world's most popular social games. Headquartered in San Francisco, our mission is to connect the world through games, and since 2007, more than one billion people have played one of our beloved franchises like FarmVille, Zynga Poker and Words With Friends. In 2014, we acquired NaturalMotion, an Oxford-based mobile game and technology developer and the creator of hits like CSR Racing and Clumsy Ninja. Zynga is named after founder Mark Pincus’ late bulldog Zinga, and the legacy of her playful and loyal nature continues to inspire our company culture. Through Zynga.org, Zynga players have raised more than $20 million for world social causes. Zynga is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top