Architect/Principal Software Engineer (Tech Lead) – Ad Tech/Central Technology
Architect / Principal Software Engineer – User Acquisition (Toronto)
The Central Technology team at Zynga provides products and services that are foundational for building games across mobile and emerging platforms. The services span across Game Engine, Identity, User Acquisition, Social, Payments, Ad Tech, Analytics, AI/ML, Core Technology and Cloud. Our mission is ‘Lean Mean Tech Organization’ enabling game teams to develop and launch amazing games. We are a 120+ organization servicing 1500 others across 13 global locations.
Zynga is seeking an experienced technical leader to lead our Ad Tech team, which is part of the Central Technology Organization (CTO). Your team will be delivering the technology that generates $200M ads revenue, which is 25% of Zynga’s total revenue! In this role, you will own the development of the entire Ad Tech platform from client side SDKs to server side components. You will be collaborating with various game teams (such as Words with Friends, CSR2, Zynga Poker, Dawn of Titans and more!) to integrate our product and technologies into games that are played by millions of users daily. You will be working closely with Product Management teams to evaluate technologies, recommend solutions and lead efforts to implement them.
Join us as we solve challenges developing and operating products at scale, impacting millions of players daily and support our games to achieve the highest levels of success through expertly crafted software. No gaming experience is needed for the right candidate.
- Technical owner of the entire Ad Tech platform - architect and implement mobile SDKs, server components, and integration of 3rd party mobile ad networks and services.
- Work closely with Product Management to develop product roadmap, feature definition, technology evaluation and project planning/delivery.
- Implement exceptional engineering practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
- Drive improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Work with external Ad Tech partners to resolve integration and production issues.
- Mentor teammates and drive a culture of technical excellence.
- Provide production and integration support to Zynga’s game teams.
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Experience developing ad technology across multiple platforms and mobile applications.
- Experience with development and architecture of SDKs in Objective-C, Android Java, and/or Unity.
- Proven experience with complex distributed architecture and software design.
- Proven experience with performance and scalability optimization.
- Working knowledge of mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish.
- Exhibits strong software development qualities including the ability to drive creative and innovative solutions to complex problems, good technical judgment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to mentor others and coordinate a project across multiple engineers.
- Understanding of the advertising technology landscape is highly desired.
Our mission at Zynga is to connect the world through games by building games around core social experiences to deliver deep player engagement, organic acquisition and long term retention. Our portfolio of games - CSR Racing 2, FarmVille, Hit it Rich! Slots, Words With Friends and Zynga Poker – span some of the fastest growing mobile gaming categories including Action Strategy, Casual, Social Casino and Invest Express. While we invest in our live games, we are also proud to be one of the first gaming companies innovating on emerging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Google Play Instant. We had a great start to 2018, outperforming guidance in the quarter across all key financial measures and delivering our highest mobile audience in over four years. Our Q1 revenue was $208.2 million, above our guidance by $8.2 million and up $13.9 million or 7% year-over-year. We ended 2017 with our strongest topline performance since Q1 2013. Revenue was $233.3 million, above our guidance by $18.3 million and up $42.7 million or 22% year-over-year.
Back to top