Zynga Poker is one of the most enduring Forever Franchises at Zynga. We are presently looking for an Architect who is passionate about embracing the challenges of maintaining and growing our successful live operations game. In this role you will build new and exciting features as well as repair and deprecate old ones. There are very few places where you can get the opportunity to work on so many fascinating problems. Send us your resume if you think this is as exciting as we believe it is. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Build and deploy features used by millions of our players.
- Improve performance, scalability, reliability and measurability of our game.
- Mentor junior engineers and drive a culture of technical excellence.
- Work with Product Management to translate product designs into features that spark happiness.
- Ensure the game remains successful and stable in a constantly changing ecosystem.
- Address challenges and reduce technical debt.
- A strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering, at least 2 of which in an architect or technical leadership role
- Extensive experience building and leading large-scale server applications in a cloud based environment, including server monitoring, provisioning, maintenance, and live-ops
- Expert knowledge in C#, Java, C/C++, or similar programming language
- Good understanding of PHP, or a similar programming language
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ALBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Aurora).
- Deep knowledge/experience with data architecture: SQL, NoSQL, and data caching technologies/in-memory databases such as MemCachedand Redis.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Familiarity with Unity is a plus.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.
Back to top