Zynga's software engineers don't just develop some of the world's largest games, they deliver some of the world's largest infrastructures. Our software engineers are blazing trails in all facets of game design, mobile technologies, and massive scalability. Zynga software engineers are willing to pick up any of the languages, technologies, or methodologies necessary to smite a challenge—and if a conventional solution doesn't exist, they innovate as necessary. Our software engineers are comfortable moving between front end, back end, and architecture roles.
- Design, build and maintain large-scale backend Zynga data tracking and game behaviour optimization products. Work closely with analysts and game studios for seamless integration.
- Mentor teammates at all levels, fostering an innovative environment where technical excellence, reliability, and measurability is nurtured.
- Review detailed designs from others, align with Zynga-wide technical vision, and exercise technical leadership on the team and overall engineering organization.
- Guide implementation of major revenue-generating features in Zynga games using our data platform.
- Collaborate with technical teams on new and emerging technologies, determining how they will integrate into current and evolving infrastructure.
- Maintain an understanding of end-to-end system interactions and architecture in order to assess the implications and dependencies associated with design decisions.
- Demonstrate extraordinary coding and development skills, including critical review and improvements to software developed by other engineers.
- Take a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes, independently and with others, to establish design decisions and/or technical feasibility.
- Proactively recommend improvements and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt.
- Work closely with Product Management on feature definition and Project Management on project schedules.
- A minimum of 10 years of software development experience, at least 3 of which needs to be in a Technical Architect or leadership role.
- Experience creating or integrating analytics & user acquisition platforms and APIs.
- Working knowledge of analytics landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Proficient in a mixture of Java, Go, Python, PHP, SQL
- Experience with big data & database development skills including SQL, a solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience with Vertica, MySQL, Spark and Hadoop is a plus.
- Experience with cloud environment like Amazon’s AWS.
- Able to take individual ownership of a project from start to finish.
- Experience in object oriented and independent design of applications or systems.
- A strong foundation in Unix/Linux including the ability to diagnose and solve common problems.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- BS, MS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top