NaturalMotion is an industry leading mobile games and technology developer and one of the fastest-growing mobile publishers on IOS and Android. We are committed to creating ultra-high-quality games and products using our proprietary animation technology.
Our phenomenally successful games, CSR Racing and Clumsy Ninja¸ incorporate cutting-edge art, technology and design and are played worldwide, across multiple platforms, by millions of people. Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption incorporate our ground-breaking Morpheme and Euphoria simulation technology, creating the most believable characters you have ever seen. Join us on the NaturalMotion Internship Programme and be a part of a team that is redefining the industry.
NaturalMotion’s top flight Data Science team employs cutting-edge technology to provide self-service data tools and deep-dive analysis. These tools and analysis help us to make amazing games: we work closely with product teams to constantly improve our games and make them better and more fun through data.
We have a big data store of over 250TB and more than 100 bespoke data processing jobs that run daily. You will take ownership for a project broaching a new domain for our team, within highly employable fields such as Machine Learning, Data Mining and Visualisation.
You’ll be supported by a mentor who will take responsibility for your personal development and share expertise with you to ensure your project’s success. Example projects include:
- Predicting the long-term behaviour of game users from their actions in their first few sessions.
- Predicting if a user will lapse from the game according to their recent behaviour.
- Modelling a game subsystem or building a simulation to understand player behaviour and optimise the game’s design.
- Build tools for advanced data mining of large data sets.
- Creating toolsets to visualise and evaluate AB test results and their statistical significance.
The internship is structured so that:
- In the first week you will learn to use our team’s data science tools to generate insight from raw data and understand how these tools will help you with your project.
- By the end of the first month you will have had exposure to the variety of work tackled by a live Data Science team and how to communicate the insight generated to stakeholders across the company.
- By the end of the internship you will have developed a specialisation in your unique project area and will present your discoveries to senior members of the company.
From the internship you will have gained:
- Significant experience in working in Data Science, including the terminology and techniques that exist for finding insights in large datasets.
- Expertise in your own domain within a highly employable field.
- An insider perspective into the games industry and an understanding of how the business model works, especially for free-to-play mobile games.
- Experience in project management and communication to all project stakeholders.
- You are in the penultimate year of your university degree or about to embark on a postgraduate degree.
- You can code and enjoy hacking/building things, preferably in Python.
- The idea of drawing insights from data to improve products excites you.
- You have a natural curiosity for the pattern behind things and an interest in mobile games.
What you need to include in your application:
- A cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be a good fit for the role.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Jenny works at the intersection of business strategy and user-driven design, collaborating with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and artists to create and ship games that players love.
Back to top