Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to day to day accounting operations, reporting and compliance. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and the company’s internal policy and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises five personnel and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, payroll and AP payment runs, financial reporting, monthly regulatory compliance, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will need to have strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Custodian of the firm’s policies and need to ensure this is rigorously followed.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure fixed assets are properly accounted and depreciation/amortization per the firm’s policy and legal statue.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of monthly pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner. Bank accounts and books are reconciled.
- Prepaid expenses are correctly recorded and periodically charged off.
- Monthly compliance with regard to necessary recording and filing of tax deducted at source, Service tax and KKC, VAT, STPI and other regulatory compliance.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
Strong accounting background. Experience in core finance, compliance and managing internal and external stakeholders. CA required
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
Five to seven years of experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Three experience in a mid-tier leadership role.
Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a challenging environment. Experience with Oracle, preferred or other large automated ERP accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Office suite.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Vice President, Games
With a long-term strategy in mind, Nicole works alongside an array of teams from various disciplines, guiding them as they create fun and exciting products to engage Zynga fans.
Back to top