3D Concept Artist Intern
NaturalMotion is an industry leading mobile games and technology developer and one of the fastest-growing mobile publishers on IOS and Android. We are committed to creating ultra-high-quality games and products using our proprietary animation technology. Our phenomenally successful games, CSR2 Racing and Clumsy Ninja¸ incorporate cutting-edge art, technology and design and are played worldwide, across multiple platforms, by millions of people.
Our goal is to wow people with creativity and technology. We like making stuff that seems impossible. The thrill of achieving this together in a team - and seeing the result played by millions - creates an incredibly powerful sense of purpose
Join us on the NaturalMotion Internship Programme 2017 and be a part of a team that is redefining the industry.
On the internship you will…
- Work on live projects in a cutting edge studio.
- Learn about industry pipelines and processes from experienced industry professionals.
- Receive the regular and direct, critiques, feedback and mentoring from the Senior Art Team. This will develop your art skills and provide insight into delivering professional standard work.
- Help us to create amazing games, work with an incredibly talented team and gain hands-on experience in the creation of innovative mobile games.
The internship is structured so that:
- In the first week you will take your time to understand the game and the team structure, including the shared working and connections across all the development disciplines.
- By the end of your first month you will have contributed practically to the game, showing your knowledge gained in the first week. You will have learnt from the professionals around you and feel confident your art work has seen improvements.
- By the end of the internship you will have contributed to the development team and project and have gained new professional understanding and skills in your discipline area. Art work you created has a strong chance of being used to create content in the game.
From the internship you will have gained:
- Experience of working in a live team environment
- Personalised professional feedback on your work through regular 121’s and reviews that have led to improvements in your abilities.
- Exposure to best working practices outside of educational environment
- A better understanding of games development and how concept art positions fit within teams and support games.
- An ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- An arts education
- Visually aware and displays imagination.
- Solid illustration skills covering organic and hard-surface subject matter.
- Ability to apply competent art judgment on form, perspective, colour, style and composition.
- Ability to generate rough thumbnail concept sketches to visualise variant ideas and solve simple visual design problems.
- Ability to iterate on successful designs to produce final images with a competent level of finish.
- Competency in Photoshop or other 2D software packages.
- *Bonus* - Basic competence 3D sculpting packages.
- *Bonus* - Basic graphic design skills.
What you need to include in your application:
- Your CV
- A cover letter telling us why you’re interested and why you would be a good fit for the role.
- A single jpeg image of your best work included in your application email. The image should contain your name and contact details and the files size should be less than 1mb.
- A link to you online portfolio, we want to see your best work so far.
Meet Some of Zynga's Employees
Senior Director, Consumer Insights
Acting as the voice of the consumer across product development and marketing, Melissa first learns about the consumers’ wants and needs through research surveys and interviews.
Back to top