Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA. or Remote
About the role and about You:
Zwift is looking for a Senior Game Engineer to join our team. You will help build new game features and systems in our MMO game. You will work cross-functionally with designers, producers, engineers, artists, and product managers to build these futures and help grow our core gaming product.
What you’ll do:
- Provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise to the game development team.
- Determine technical dependencies and deliver detailed technical designs to stakeholders and fellow engineers.
- Mentor other game engineers through code reviews, technical discussions, and pair programming.
- Identify technical risks and help build mitigation plans.
- Work with engineers and product managers to scope and plan projects.
- Assist cross-functional teams with hiring by interviewing candidates and referring top talent.
What we’re looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science and/or relevant technical area.
- 5+ years of professional game development experience or shipped AAA game experience.
- Comfortable mentoring other engineers and participating in technical discussions.
- Expertise in C++.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: gameplay, game systems, content tools, UI development, multiplayer gameplay, multi-threading, memory management, and/or profiling.
- Strong production troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working on an MMO.
- Experience shipping cross-platform games, especially: iOS, tvOS, Android, Mac, and PC.
- Interest in creating fun experiences around cycling, running, and overall fitness.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.