You will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining the development and delivery plans for our core platform components working with a high performance technical team distributed between the Rio de Janeiro and Long Beach offices.
You’ll be responsible for your team’s code quality and speedy delivery and for enforcing engineering best practices like unit testing, TDD, code readability and scalability. You’ll also be responsible for growing your team, both through hiring as well as mentoring of the more junior engineers. When needed, you might also need to jump in and write code yourself.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area with proven software engineering experience working with distributed systems and AWS cloud;
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of relevant management experience
- Proven experience leading agile teams using XP and modern agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban;
- Build realistic project plans, align across teams with respect to deliverables, proactively identify risks and develop mitigation plans;
- Define and drive key success metrics and communicate progress to executive stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms and overall Software Design;
- Advanced programming skills in high-level Programming Languages such as C, C++, Java, Python or Ruby;
- Significant experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting and tools like grep, awk, sed, curl and higher-level scripting languages such as Ruby or Python;
- Significant experience using Cloud-Based Environments and AWS;
- Experience with TDD, Integration Tests, Continuous Integration, etc;
- Good understanding of cryptography concepts and OpenSSL usage;
- Significant Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL Database Systems;
- Experience with Docker containers
- Availability to travel.
- Enthusiasm for cycling and/or running;
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, 10+ years of professional experience;
- Experience on Database Design;
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- PostgreSQL/Oracle Experience
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Redis, ActiveMQ and Kafka experience
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.