Software Developer (Apps)
- London, United Kingdom
Role: Software Developer (Apps)
Fit Tech products primarily use embedded devices and processors, that communicate over wired or wireless connection to a Game/Application. As such the SW developer needs to have significant experience with Application level development communicating with external peripherals.
The Software Developer is responsible for:
- Developing mini apps for all Fit Tech products, focusing on demo proof of concepts for R&D initiatives.
- Developing simple apps for HW, Embedded and test engineers to use to show case and init test their HW work.
- Liaising with the US software Game product teams.
- Working with the wider Fit Tech Engineering team developing hardware and software that creates the best enhancement to the overall Zwift experience.
As Software Developer you will interact within the business as follows:
- To the VP of R&D within Fit Tech.
- To the Senior Director within Fit Tech, Engineering.
- To Program and Product Management within Fit Tech.
- To the embedded software engineers and electronics engineers.
- To the game development team in Long Beach.
- To the software QA and test team in Long Beach.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’ degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in software development.
- Experience with Unity/Unreal engines or other equivalent physics/game engines.
- Experience with mobile app development iOS and Android.
- Experience with PC/Mac app development.
- Experience in using C/C++, Java, Python, embedded C, Swift, or similar.
- Experience with software that interacts with hardware. Advantage Bluetooth/WiFi interface.
- Knowledge of issue tracking solutions such as JIRA
- Experience with code versioning system as Git
Location & Travel
- London, UK, primary place of work.
- Occasional visits to Zwift’s Long Beach CA Office or manufacturing partners worldwide may be required.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top