Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
- Long Beach, CA
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA
About the role and about You:
You will be working together with the web, payments, and support teams to build and maintain our customer experiences around our shop, maintaining subscriptions, building our main web destination, and/or supporting customer's needs on Zwift. You will collaborate in cross-functional teams including teammates from our engineering, product, design, operations, and support disciplines. We are looking for someone comfortable in this highly collaborative environment, working with ambiguity, and being an agent of change to help build a world-class experience for our customers. As a Senior Engineer on the team, you will be expected to help mentor the other engineers on your team and help the team make sound technical decisions. You will be measured not only by what you can do but how you make everyone else around you more productive.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, have 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms, and overall Software Design
- Effective technical mentor to other engineers and enjoy doing it
- Experience with GIT, git-flow and/or SVN
- Experience with Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration, including Jenkins
- Experience with React and/or Angular
- Experience with SSO / Authentication
- Experience with REST API Design
- Experience programming with Java (JBoss/Wildfly or Spring Boot is a plus)
- Experience with Relational Database Systems (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with test tools like JUnit, Arquillian, JMeter, Postman, etc.
- Experience with Distributed Cache implementations like Memcached or Redis
- Enthusiasm for cycling and/or Zwift
- Experience working in eCommerce, payments, and/or customer support portals
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, ELB, Aurora, RDS, OpsWorks, Elasticache
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top