Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Long Beach, CA. or US Remote (in select states)
About the role and about You:
Zwift is looking for a Senior Game Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will improve the home screen and UI experience by enhancing the discoverability of content in our cross-platform MMORPG game. You will work cross-functionally with designers, producers, engineers, artists, QA, and product managers to build these features and help grow our core gaming product.
What you’ll do:
- Work on a cross-functional team to deliver game UI features
- Provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise to the game development team.
- Determine technical dependencies and deliver detailed technical designs to stakeholders and fellow engineers.
- Mentor other game engineers through code reviews, technical discussions, and pair programming.
- Identify technical risks and help build mitigation plans.
- Work with engineers and product managers to scope and plan projects.
- Assist cross-functional teams with hiring by interviewing candidates and referring top talent.
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science and/or relevant technical area.
- 8+ years of game development experience.
- Comfortable mentoring entry-level engineers and participating in technical discussions.
- Expertise in C++.
- Strong experience in one of the following: gameplay, game systems, content tools, UI development, multiplayer gameplay, multi-threading, memory management, and/or profiling.
- Experience with production troubleshooting.
- Tenacity to get things done and enthusiasm for learning in an evolving problem space.
- Experience working with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and/or Noesis GUI.
- Experience working on an MMO.
- Experience shipping cross-platform games, especially: iOS, tvOS, Android, Mac, and PC.
- Experience working with a polyglot microservice backend.
- Interest in creating fun experiences around cycling, running, and overall fitness.
(Colorado only) Minimum salary of $148,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.