(Senior) Accountant - Finance & Accounts
- Mumbai, India
Sr. Accountant (Executive) – Finance & Accounts India
Who We Are
By 2050, there could be more plastic in our oceans than fish! Zume is a Softbank backed company focused on building a smarter and more sustainable food ecosystem. Zume is spearheading the switch from plastic to 100% compostable molded fiber packaging through its patented manufacturing technology and its network of global suppliers. We have launched uniquely designed and patented products that function like plastic and are made from various biomass sources such as bagasse. Our customers span across food service / restaurants, FMCG and healthcare.
Zume's international business is growing rapidly and is based out of Mumbai. The global headquarter is in California, USA. This is a unique opportunity to work with a US venture backed startup in India where you will be working with colleagues who have worked both in the US and in India.
This position is based out of Mumbai and is responsible for supporting the accounting and finance function of Zume India. It requires in-depth knowledge, understanding of accounting & tax laws, keeping pace with regular amendments in Income Tax Act and ensure all the compliances are timely met.
We are looking for a Sr. Accountant (Executive) – Finance & Accounts to support our day to day accounting operation ensuring we are aligned with the government compliance. By providing assistance in various matters like Tax compliance, Import/ Export and other accounting activities.
What You'll Do
As a Sr. Accountant (Executive) – Finance & Accounts for Zume India you will be owning the following responsibilities:
- Ensure sales and purchase entries are updated in Systems
- Check & confirm all the Invoices and PO are in line with compliance before adding in systems
- Carry out and Coordinate with of Banks & other associates for all the necessary requirement related to imports/export and other Transactions
- Keep a track of bank payments and deposits
- Monthly reconciliation of Debtors & Creditors, Inventory Audit, Vendor Invoices, etc.
- Coordinate with the US team for providing financial data and consolidation of statements
- Follow up for pending payments
Taxation / Statutory Compliance
- Timely filing of EPF, TDS, GST and income tax assessments and filing of various forms, returns etc. required under various statutes.
- Ensuring adherence to Companies Act and preparation of annual returns & forms.
- Finalization of annual statement of accounts
- Coordinate with Accounting Partners and prepare all the legal contracts with distributors and B2B partners
- Coordinate annual Audits and ensure 100% audit complied
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of experience
- Qualified Bachelors in Commerce or Inter CA
- Well versed with Zoho software
- Experience from Manufacturing/Trading, Warehousing/Logistics, Retail, FMCG is preferred but not limited
- Attention to detail, accuracy, resourcefulness, analytical nature, and follow-through skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong influencing skills
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and be self-directed
- Very strong Excel skills, particularly with regard to financial modelling and managing large volumes of data
Back to top