Director of Finance
Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for a Director of Finance to help us advance our vision in India. By providing support and strategic guidance for our India team, you will be the trusted adviser and subject matter expert on finance and accounting will actively engage with the global executive team and business partners to create robust financial solutions with business insight.
What You’ll Do
You will act as the “mini-CFO” for Zume’s India location by owning the following scope and responsibilities:
- Embedding yourself within the leadership teams, providing counsel on how to allocate resources to achieve intended strategic outcomes
- Driving strategic projects and initiatives through cross-functional projects across our organization
- Build financial models for a diverse customer base
- Identify business needs, creating and updating a 12-24 month spend plan/forecast, and guiding teams through execution of that forecast
- Advising business leaders on financial decisions/commitments that align with their most pressing priorities, in the face of various competing projects and limited resources
- Driving the annual and long-term business planning cycle in support of long term strategic objectives across multiple spend portfolios
- Relentlessly pursuing continuous process improvement to achieve better financial results
- Leading or actively collaborating in cross-functional, intra-divisional, and/or global projects
Who You Are
- 10+ years of financial analysis and business partnering experience
- Bachelor's degree (finance, business, accounting, or engineering), MBA preferred
- Consulting experience a plus
- Engineering background or experience in SaaS a strong plus
- Food industry experience a plus
- Attention to detail, accuracy, resourcefulness, analytical nature, and follow-through skills and a bias for action
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong influencing skills
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and be self-directed
- Very strong Excel skills, particularly with regard to financial modeling and managing large volumes of data
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top