- Camarillo, CA
Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
As a Buyer/Planner you are a key member of the Procurement Team and will play an essential role in the day to day operations of the manufacturing facility. In this role you will establish strategic relationships, both internally and externally, in order to achieve 5 star customer service, and expertly serving the many and diverse needs of the businesses of Zume.
You will also be responsible for managing the day to day relationships with suppliers, including: placing purchase orders and managing inventories to support company needs; expediting, de-expediting, and cancelling purchase orders; and updating and managing system parameters to optimize purchasing practices.
This role reports to the Purchasing Manager.
What You'll Do
- Source, plan and purchase materials for the manufacturing facility
- Manage relationships with suppliers
- Generate and implement efficient inventory management strategies
- Ensure all departments have adequate access to materials needed
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Work with management to identify supply needs relative to production schedule
- Monitor inventory levels and ensures on time deliveries
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications etc.
- Recommend solutions to improve existing processes
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries to the production line(s)
- Promote a safety-first workplace
- Perform other duties as assigned by the plant manager and corporate management
Who You Are
- Deep understanding of inventory, forecasting, and manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain or Inventory Management Systems
- Ability to work in a multifunctional environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to integrate data from different sources and make reasonable conclusions in an environment of demanding deadlines and time frames
- Understanding of the structure and functionality in the integrated systems architecture. Knowledge and skill on databases and planning systems is required
- Advanced NETSUITE MS Excel skills and ERP, MRP understanding and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong operational and project management skills
- Cross group collaboration experience: easily connecting and building bridges with counterparts within different parts of the organization
- Proven work experience of supply chain and inventory management.
- Familiarity with purchasing and vendor management and relevant software
- Results oriented organizational skills, multi-tasking skills and the ability to learn quickly and work well independently
- Comfortable with figures, strong analytical and cost analysis skills and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions for business
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, preferred.
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top