Zoox has embarked on a highly ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for our cities. As a technical program manager, you will work cross-functionally with engineering leaders across software, hardware, vehicle engineering, and product to drive our corporate strategy into tactical and detailed road maps that facilitate effective execution at each stage of our growth curve. You will work with each engineering team to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
Please note, below are general requirements, which are relevant to our all of our software TPM openings. We are hiring many TPMs within our software org, to work with teams like Motion Planning & Control, Firmware, Localization, Mapping etc. Your specific skillset will be matched with the appropriate internal team.
- Understand, plan and modify product configurations to meet downstream consumer teams needs
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- Create and deliver technical presentations that explain program initiatives to downstream consumer teamsConfer with engineers and consumer teams to assess systems needs and requirements
- Demonstrate, test, and deploy engineering product initiatives
- Analyze, determine and provide information needed for the development of software products to all relative stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders and Finance team in order todefine and track resource requirements (headcount and budget)
- Analyze and report on problems with deployed software
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Set the agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- BS or MS degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent job experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting
- Deep familiarity with software, hardware, or automotive development processes
- Strong track record of managing complex cross-functional projects
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.