As a systems engineer for perception, you will be responsible for collaborating with world-class algorithm engineers to design cutting-edge perception systems. You will be bridging the gap between systems engineering and state-of-the-art machine learning approaches by designing robust system architecture, building requirements for software components, building up scalable metrics/tools and leading the verification and validation efforts at various levels of abstraction. In addition to the perception engineers, you will be working in close collaboration with our System Deisgn & Mission Assurance teams. At Zoox, we take systems engineering seriously and know that your efforts will be critical for delivering a driverless robo taxi service at scale.
- Develop perception and prediction system architectures to meet product requirements and achieve safety targets
- Work cross functionally to articulate module level requirements and define associated test plans
- Build large-scale validation and metrics systems using real world structured testing, state-of-the-art simulations, distributed computing, and modern data analysis technologies
- Automate processes into our Continuous Integration pipeline to reduce software and hardware iteration time.
- MS or higher degree in computer science, robotics, electrical engineering, or systems engineering
- Experience in modeling, statistics and probability theory
- Experience with developing functional requirements driven software components
- Strong analytical skills with Python & statistical frameworks (e.g. numpy, scipy, pandas)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in robotics, aerospace, or automotive engineering
- Passionate about the design, verification and validation of highly complex SW/HW systems
- Experience in perception, prediction, or planner modules
- Familiar with formal verification & validation techniques
- Experience with ISO 21448, ISO26262, ASIL, DO-178B/C, etc.
- Experience with a large database management tool, such as Redshift in SQL, databricks.
- Skilled with C++ or Spark
- Consistent track records of strong collaboration skills and attention to details in past projects
- Performed hazard analysis using one or more of the following methods: System Theoretic Process Analysis (STPA), qualitative or quantitative Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP), Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), etc
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.