Zoox is looking for a systems engineer to develop and deploy sensor functional safety systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You will collaborate with world-class hardware, software, and other system engineers to establish end to end traceability of functional safety requirements for safety-critical perception sensors. At Zoox, we take systems engineering seriously and know that your efforts will be critical for delivering a driverless robo taxi service at scale.
- Drive quantitative and qualitative functional safety activities that lead to development of HARAs, FTAs, FMEAs, and/or FMEDAs
- Define and manage functional safety requirements and thresholds for perception sensors to achieve System Safety Goals
- Develop requirements and investigate solutions for fault detection algorithms
- Perform detailed functional safety analysis on custom and 3rd party hardware
- Collaborate with sensor hardware (EE/ME) and perception software engineers to ensure implementation meets requirements and desired functionality
- Collaborate with test engineers to develop test plans to verify functional safety requirements, measure coverage, and validate fault handling capabilities
- Interact with suppliers to prepare or review work products
- B.S. or higher degree in Automotive Engineering, Aerospace, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering
- 4+ years of work experience with hazard analysis, functional decomposition, validation, and verification
- Hands-on experience with advanced perception sensors
- System development experience within standards such as: ISO 26262, ARP4754, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508 or equivalent
- Experience with safety-critical compute and/or control systems
- Expertise with physics of camera, radar, or lidar systems
- Analytical skills and experience with scripting or programming languages such as Python
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.