Simulation is essential to Zoox’s mission. Zoox uses simulation to develop our driving software, validate safety, and analyze our real-world performance. Our team’s work directly impacts how rapidly and successfully Zoox will achieve its goals.
For our simulators to successfully validate our autonomous driving stack, we need to realistically model and replicate the worlds we will be driving in. This includes modeling and simulating human behaviors, specifically traffic and other pedestrian behaviors. The challenge is that the simulated humans need to show realistic and representative behavior — we want our agents to jaywalk as a human might do, and also replicate a wide range of behaviors that we encounter while driving in real cities.
- Populate the simulated roads with intelligent participants. Create simulated cars, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, etc. to behave realistically by default, and tunable to create a full gamut of traffic/agent behaviors.
- Push the state of the art in traffic and behavior modeling to capture real-world behaviors as closely as possible.
- Work closely with various teams — including AI software teams, QA, and Validation Engineers — to push autonomous driving forward.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Fluency in C++
- Mathematics skills, including trigonometry and linear algebra
- Experience in game development, traffic simulation, motion planning, or pathfinding
- Experience in automotive, robotics, data science, or machine learning
- Familiarity with Python
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.