Zoox's Road Network team is responsible for developing the tools and infrastructure necessary to build, curate, and manage our high definition road network.
As part of that effort, ZRN has built a number of web applications that allow us to visualize, inspect, and validate the semantic road data. Web front-end engineers work on both high-level services like internal visualization tools, as well as the underlying technologies that accurately render the semantic data which is used in numerous applications across the company. We’re just getting started, and we have many more tools we can’t wait to build using this new framework.
We are looking for candidates with frontend web experience (full stack experience is a big bonus!) who are excited to shape the future of our web tools. We use three.js and Vue in most of our applications.
- Develop tools and services to enable people throughout the business to easily visualize, understand, and interact with our road network content.
- Work cross-functionally with teams across Zoox to grow and support web-based ZRN Viewer and related WebGL visualization libraries for ZRN content
- Create software requirements, design documentation, test plans, and other supporting documentation
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years of industry experience
- Experience using a modern UI framework such as React, Angular, or Vue
- Master's / PhD in computer science (or related field)
- Proficiency with Python
- Proficiency with OpenGL, WebGL, or Three.js
- Experience with geometry, routing, or graph theory
- Experience with mapping or GIS systems
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.