Zoox is looking for perception tools and platform engineers to help us build reliable tools and systems to empower developing state of the art perception algorithms with fast iterations. In this role, you will develop systems to help solve the most challenging perception problems and have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies ranging from a full web stack to backend systems.
- You will develop systems to help solve the most challenging perception problems
- You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies ranging from a full web stack to backend systems
- You will work closely with other perception teams
- You will be in charge of the full life-cycle of software systems, from planning, designing, development, testing, deployment to maintaining
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or related field
- Fluency in C++, Python, or other object-oriented languages
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Strong mathematical skills
- Master's degree in computer science or related degree
- Experience handling large data sets
- Experiences with building backend systems
- Experience with web technologies (AWS, S3, EC2, SQL, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Familiar with basic machine learning concepts
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.