Decision making and motion planning are the primary responsibilities of mobile robots. Taking input from a variety of perception and localization systems, the planner's job is to figure out where the robot is going and how to get there safely. We're looking for a software engineer with an advanced degree and experience building real-timemotion planning/trajectory generation algorithms for robots inuncertain environments.
- Master's degree incomputer scienceor related field
- Fluency in C / C++
- Understandingofconfiguration spaces and avariety ofplanning techniques (A*, D*, RRTs, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to createrealtime motion planning algorithms
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Strong mathematical and geometrical skills
- Significant contributions to geometric- and/or sampling-based planning algorithms
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Knowledge of computer vision techniques and machine learning
- Experiencewith pose estimation, SLAM, probabilistic filtering, and 3D data
- Solid understanding of ROS
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.