Our Calibration, Localization, and Mapping (CLAMS) team is responsible for building the algorithms and tools necessary for keeping Zoox vehicles well calibrated, always knowing where they’re located within the world, and aware of their environment. Without precise calibration, localization, and mapping our vehicles would be at a disadvantage when it comes to perceiving and reasoning about the surrounding world, and is therefore foundational in enabling results from many other teams across Zoox. This work is critical for scaling autonomous driving in a safe and reliable way. We are looking for engineers who are ambitious and excited about helping Zoox deliver on its goals to deliver autonomous mobility.
- The accuracy and speed of an autonomous vehicle’s pose and localization systems are crucial to its safety. As a Localization Software Engineer, you will work with our Algorithms teams to build software and implement algorithms where “the rubber meets the road”. You’ll use your attention to detail when building safety-critical code that resides in both general and embedded computing environments, and meets Zoox’s High-Assurance Software Standards.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of industry experience developing software used in embedded, control, or hardware-in-the-loop applications
- Fluency in C++
- Proficiency in Python
- Attention to detail and a strong desire to build safe, correct, and defensive software
- Experience developing low-level software in C++, dealing with memory management in safety-critical embedded execution environments
- Experience with cutting-edge versions of C++ (14+) applied to embedded software
- Experience with IMU data and sensors
- Experience with real-time software development
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.