In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the build process for our fast-growing, safety-critical, autonomous vehicle software. This will involve configuring and upgrading compilers, profiling and optimizing the build process, and ultimately being a go-to person for any build-related questions. We have a solid foundation using Bazel in a monolithic repository along with a remote build farm and cache that we want to further improve into a world-class development experience. We are looking for a passionate developer who enjoys diving into the details of compilers and linkers and empowering developers with tools and metrics to support our fast-paced development culture.
- Configure compilers to provide modern language features, optimal performance, and fast build times
- Integrate software quality tools into our build system and development workflow (code coverage, static/dynamic analysis, include-what-you-use)
- Build tools and dashboards to empower developers to ship better software faster
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive Linux experience
- Knowledge of C++ build process and configuring compilers
- Familiarity with maintaining large polyglot code bases
- Comfortable writing Python to integrate tools and automate as much as possible
- Deep C++ experience
- Bazel build system familiarity
- Intimate knowledge of nm, objdump, ldd, gdb, etc
- Familiarity with code analysis tools such as clang-tidy, valgrind, ASAN/LSAN/TSAN, and Coverity
*Hiring at multiple levels!
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.