Zoox is looking for an embedded software safety engineer to join our Firmware Safety Systems team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing software lifecycle safety processes for the Zoox vehicle. You will work closely with systems engineers, controls engineers, software engineers, and validation engineers to ensure Zoox delivers a robust and safe product. We are looking for people who are passionate about creating software that never fails through rigorous and detail-oriented development that follows high-assurance processes and industry standards.
- You will be responsible for the technical safety concept for very high assurance embedded software
- You will perform relevant safety analyses (SW-FMEA, SW-FTA etc.) and educate engineers on such processes
- You will plan and organize the development of work products necessary as per of ISO 26262 best practices
- You will Review safety related work products, recommend improvements, and prepare for external audits
- You will drive Failure Analysis, Risk Analysis, and come up with actionable and definitive optimization recommendations to bring down the risk exposure to acceptable levels.
- Activities may include verification of functional safety capabilities, fault injection testing, diagnostic coverage analysis, FMEDA development, etc.
- You will also collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software developers, system engineering, safety engineers , verification teams, etc.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in the development, integration, testing and debugging of safety critical embedded systems (with compliance to ISO 26262/ IEC 61508 or equivalent)
- Experience in creation of safety concepts and analysis (FMEA, FTA, FHA etc)
- Past work on design and implementation of safe and secure embedded software.
- Developed Functional Safety validation plan and support the execution of the validation tests
- Proficiency in C/C++ and related coding standards (e.g. Automotive MISRA or similar).
- Experience across various types of software including platform software, device drivers, BSP, middleware etc.
- Good understanding of common embedded systems architectures in vehicles
- Participated in safety audits with safety consultants and familiar with common blindspots
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.