Zoox’s L5 robot tools are an integral part of the day-to-day operation of our fleet of purpose built autonomous robotaxis. As an engineer on our L5 Robot Tools team, you will collaborate with industry leaders in robotics, vehicle development and operations to simplify and expedite the operation and development of our fully custom robot. This role is well suited for anyone who thrives in ambiguity, has experience in multiple domains and has a willingness to learn AV-specific concepts. If you have a passion for working directly with users on R&D platforms, this is the role for you.
- Build the operator frontend interface to our purpose built autonomous robotaxi for daily R&D operations such as vehicle start-up and diagnosis.
- Build the next generation of our pipeline to the robot to allow fleet technicians to seamlessly diagnose and repair our growing fleet remotely.
- Work with our technicians and vehicle engineers to develop world class service tools.
- Experience in more than one domain of software engineering (web, distributed systems, robotics, IoT, etc.).
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with networking, routing, or application-layer protocols like gRPC or DDS.
- Experience with system design & architecture.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Software, Firmware and Vehicle Hardware engineers.
- Robotics or automotive experience.
- Experience with a modern web framework (React, Vue, Angular), or willingness to learn one.
- Experience with distributed systems, telemetry, or cloud platforms.
- Experience with embedded or IoT hardware such as Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.