The Firmware Validation Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and tracking progress of firmware validation tests, specialized in verification of Robot Motion. This role requires a candidate passionate about learning how things work to the point of breaking them. The ideal candidate has proven experience testing in a team environment focused on one or more of the following: drive systems, vehicle localization, motion planning algorithms, and probabilistic decision-making software. Our team uses Software Engineering best practices to validate firmware with automation. Join us if you want to develop cutting edge and state of the art automation techniques in the exciting autonomous vehicle industry!
- Validate motion planning and tracking algorithms, and localization for Level 5 vehicles
- Validate that the vehicles are operating within the safety specifications set by the Safety Assurance team
- Write comprehensive test plans based on requirements
- Develop and implement automated tests on complex embedded systems
- Operate in multiple test layers optimized for efficiency
- Review tests written by teammates and cross-functional team members
- Analyze real-world logs and develop strategies for simulating and replaying scenarios against our test platforms
- BS in Computer Science, Mechatronics Engineering, or relevant engineering discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Object-oriented programming experience in Python and/or C++
- Experience in at least one of the following: vehicle localization validation, trajectory planning and tracking validation, or collision avoidance algorithms
- Experience developing programmatic solutions leveraging linear algebra, mathematics, and geometry
- Experience writing code with source control (Git)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player, and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Robot, pytest, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment systems
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.