The Firmware Validation Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and tracking progress of firmware validation tests for Drive Systems. The role requires a hands-on approach with the Drive System which manages steering, braking, propulsion and other closely related vehicle platform functionality. The ideal candidate has proven experience testing complex real time embedded systems in a team environment focused on firmware behaviors involving propulsion, braking, stability and safety systems. Our team uses Software Engineering best practices to validate firmware with automation. Join us if you want to develop cutting edge and state of the art automation techniques in the exciting autonomous vehicle industry!
- Write comprehensive test plans based on requirements, trace test cases to requirements, set pass/fail criteria and refine requirements based on test outcomes
- Design, Develop and Execute System Test cases on Lab based vehicle platforms (Bots)
- Develop and execute automated tests on complex embedded systems
- Operate in multiple test layers optimized for efficiency (SIL, HIL, System)
- Review tests written by teammates and cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with firmware developers and hardware engineers to ensure implementations meet requirements and desired functionality
- Define and develop test plans including functional, functional safety, signal integrity
- B.S. or higher degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- 2+ years of work experience with an emphasis on embedded systems and validation
- 2+ years of experience developing or testing software for embedded systems (Python preferred or C++)
- Experience with embedded systems, preferably hardware and software for autonomous vehicles
- Experience writing code with source control (Git)
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player, and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Working knowledge of components/systems such as drive unit, power steering, actuators, braking systems, powertrain and their interactions
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Robot, pytest, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment systems
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, TestRail, Polarion, Parasoft, LDRA, etc.
- Experience in design and development of system test cases
- Experience in testing and debugging complex hardware/software systems
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.